Know your audience and reach them on any device!
Whether it’s writing for social media, creating a user guide, or designing a new website, it’s critical to know the target audience! It's also important to know the latest technology trends. What browsers are being used, which mobile devices dominate the market place? With the internet evolving quickly, it's important to keep websites up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends. I recommend using using a Responsive Web Design method because you will want to connect with your audience across many devices (desktop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) without having to re-create the web content multiple times.
2018 Web Trends
The design of any website is a valuable part of your business' marketing efforts -- not to mention your sales and customer service efforts, too. The following are some of the website design and marketing trends for 2018:
- Make the home page large: “Cinematic”, “Book Cover”, use 'Hero Images' or MP4 video backgrounds.
- Less reliance on Flash and more on HTML5
- Innovative parallax scrolling
- Skeuomorphism is on the decline. Less 3D shapes, less gradients, less complex textures
- Cleaner lines, flat icons are vogue, less screen elements are better - i.e. hidden menus
- Combined use of photos and vector illustrations
- Scalable Vector icons are replacing png icons and graphics - i.e. Google Font Library, Font Awesome
- SEO. Better page tagging, keeping on top of Googles ever changing algorithms.
- Better CRO to improve your website metrics
- Responsive Web Design across multiple devices